- The TVXC Cross Country League will embrace but not endorse UKA rules 1 to 25. Participating club runners will be fully paid up members of their representative club.
- The minimum age for participation in the league is 16.
- All participating club runners must wear club colours. Anybody not wearing club colours will not be allocated a score and therefore will be excluded from the scoring team.
- Participating clubs may enter guest runners. Guest runners will not be allocated a score and therefore will be excluded from the scoring team.
- If a runner has first and second claim affiliations with participating clubs the runner’s score will be associated with the first claim club.
- If a runner has first and second claim affiliations but only the second claim club is a participating club, the runner’s score will be associated with the second claim club.
- All events will start at 11:00 am.
- Vets age status will be fixed from (midnight on day of) the first event of the new season - with male vets 40 and over, female vets 35 and over.
- A scoring team will consist of 6 male runners (including a minimum of 2 vets) and 3 female runners (including at least 1 vet). Each scoring member will contribute a point score equal to their position within their gender.
- In the case of multiple runners having a ‘dead-heat’ position within their gender, the same position / points score will be allocated to each runner. The next finishing runner(s) in that gender will have the position / points score increased by the number of previous dead-heat runners.
- If a club is unable to field a full team, the missing competitors will score as the last scoring position in the race plus 1; this will be split by gender.
- Male and female results will be calculated as separate races but the overall club score will be determined by the addition of male and female scores.
- The club position for each event will be determined by the total points of the scoring team. League points will be awarded to each team according to their position within the fixture, 1 point for the club with the lowest scoring team, 2 points for the next club and so on.
Any team failing to compete in a fixture will receive points equal to the number of clubs taking part in that season. Accordingly, the club with the lowest total points within a season will be ranked 1st.
- The final overall league position will be decided by taking the total of the league points for all the fixtures. A club’s total league score will be defined by its total score minus the worst score for the season.
- Any queries about the league organisation please email Alan Street at email@example.com